Thursday, February 7, 2013

TCEA 13

I've been very busy finishing up more grad work and haven't had much time to update what's going on in my classroom, but my kids have been very busy and I will try to start sharing more often.

Today I'm at TCEA 2013 in Austin. This morning I was in a session on broadcasting in the classroom using Ustream. I've used it before but I had no idea it had so many features. I can't wait to get back and let my kids play with all the goodies.  All I need to do is come up with a good way to incorporate it into my classroom.

I also attended a great Google workshop where I learned several new tricks that my students are going to love.  It also prompted me to call Region 10 and inquire about becoming Google certified.  I was happy to find that they were scheduled a class for this summer and I am already on the list.

Several PBL sessions as well as the last session I went to on Friday really gave me the push to try to incorporate more PBL in my classroom.  So, with my next unit of study, it will be all project based learning.

I was also introduced to the Google Summit that will be held on May 18th in the Woodlands outside Houston.  I have submitted a proposal to present and hope to be chosen.

Sent from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment